Lough Derg Thatched Cottages
Puckane, Tipperary - 0m from Puckane
Lough Derg Thatched Cottages are six stunning thatch cottages nestled in the picturesque village of Puckane, Co. Tipperary. These traditional homes have open log fires, all mod cons and are a little escapism from the world! They have a beautiful, safe green area dotted with trees & flowers, each cottage with a path leading to our very popular BBQ cabin, perfect for those rainy days or cooler nights! Just a hop & a skip brings you to Kennedy's pub, with live music and great Guinness! Nenagh, a bustling town is just 6 minutes drive, with lots of restaurants & bars to chose from. Dromineer harbor is just a 10 minute drive, take in the views of Lakes of Loughderg.
Interesting fact: Puckane, a favourite holiday spot of Gene Kelly (famed for the classic Singin' in the Rain) who stayed in these thatched cottages in the 1970's with some of his family and Hollywood friends. Christy Moore & The Pogues wrote a song while drinking in Kennedy's pub!
There are 2 & 3 bedroom cottages, sleep up to 7 guests.
- Free wifi
- Free parking
- Two cottages are allocated to well behaved pets, please ask at time of booking.
- Complimentary bottle of wine on arrival.
- Open log fires, starter pack included.
- Complimentary access to BBQ cabin.
- All dinnerware & cleaning products included.
- Bedroom linens & towels included
- Electric heating in all rooms.
- Garden with outdoor seating.
- Historic castles
- Horse racing
- Boat trips
- Mountain biking
- Water sports on Dromineer Harbour
- Delta Lazer and Adventure Centre
- Delta Karting
- The Hunt Musuem
- Live traditional music in our local pubs, Kennedy's & McGraths, a stroll from the cottages.
- Take a drive on along The Ring of Loughderg, the hidden gem of Ireland, with breathtaking lake views, one for the bucket list!
- Shopping in Nenagh town & Limerick city (30 minute drive)
- Travel Cot & High Chair on Request
- Fee for small pets €25.00
- Small supermarket across the road
Utilities are €6 per day, payable on arrival.
Please note that the remaining balance for you booking is due 4 weeks prior to arrival. If your stay is within 4 weeks we ask that you contact the holiday home directly to pay the remaining balance for your booking.